Monday, November 1, 2010

oblivious brides-to-be!

i'm 25 years old. halfway to 50. a quarter of the way to 100! wow. when did THAT happen?

i'm at the point where... getting married is... pretty normal. people aren't just pregnant... or making dumb decisions. (okay, that was a little judgmental and rough...) anyway- another great friend of mine got engaged on oct. 27- and of course she called to ask me a million questions... all of them i've heard before- and all of them i've asked! hearing them...answering them... all of it- made me smile. & more than anything it made me realize that...

when the ring goes on the finger... you have NO idea where to begin after that.

you take pictures of the ring- you call your family- you call your best friends- ...and suddenly the whirlwind of questions begins..."have you set a date?" "how did he propose?" "what does the ring look like?" "who is in the wedding?" ..."WHAT ARE YOUR COLORS?" ...I capitalize that one because ... I STILL have no idea what my colors are... or why we MUST know them...:)

it has been 6 months since Jeremy proposed to me and I still don't know how to plan a wedding. All I know is that I wish there could be delicious food... beautiful centerpieces...and crazy cake- awesome favors... beautiful flowers... etc. all of these things, I cannot afford. In reality we will probably have more alcohol than food (which most people in attendance won't object to) -I will probably make the centerpieces... along with 3/4 of the things at my wedding... the cake will probably be white- with the cheapest icing... nothing like you see on cake boss. the favors will probably be something cliche... but I will somehow find a way to spice them up...the flowers I will probably order- or use harris teeter flowers lol... but thats all okay.

if the 2 year old ring bearer throws a fit in the middle of the aisle and loses the rings... or the flower girl complains about having to throw the flowers (she complained the last time i saw her about not being able to ride a pony lol) ...if it rains all day... my hair falls down...and my makeup smears- its all okay.

i'll be marrying the love of my life :) nothing makes me happier than that. it can be tomorrow... or on our wedding day- as long as i'm with him... its all okay. its perfect.

in the meantime, i am thankful to mrs. erica speight bergman- a best friend... and a wealth of knowledge when going thru this whole wedding process. this month will be her 3 month anniversary. i was the first person she called when he popped the question... and i listened to lots of wedding talk until her special day. we went thru 3289 shoes... had dress drama...girl drama... a fun bachelorette party- a MONSOON of a wedding day (mostly because of the rain- partly from her tears) ...and i wiped her eyes and played the beatles. i know she'll do the same for me. she has already been there for me :) here is the beautiful newly wed-



& here is a spoiler!:



anyway... its bed time. new 7-3:30 work schedule is brutal. and... i need lovey time...with my love!

xoxo/me

No comments:

Post a Comment